If you live safety always and have a strong desire to build a better tomorrow then look to the company who helps feed the world.
Cultivating Excellence is Agrium’s culture of ownership and joint accountability. At its heart, Cultivating Excellence is about achieving superior results with integrity together while connecting and collaborating across the entire organization.
While we have great people, it is not just about that; it’s the ability to lead your own engagement. It’s the opportunity to grow and develop your career in ways you never envisioned while teaming up with people with a passion to make a difference in the world.
Who You Will Work With
You will work daily beside teams of people who will care about your safety on the job and at home. Together, you will have a Commitment to Zero and follow our 3 Safety Principles: Do It safely or not at all, There is always time to do it safely, and Care for each other’s health, safety and security.
Your team will bring out the best in you by enabling you to achieve goals and reach your full potential. You will find innovative ways to deliver on our vision of feeding the world responsibly while working side by side in an inclusive culture.
- Provide exceptional customer service to employees from a diverse organization who are seeking additional information relevant to SSC service lines, or redirecting as appropriate
- Respond to HR administrator or client inquiries, primarily through phone and email channels
- Support variety of projects within SSC, including flexibility to support different service lines during peak season
- Ability to make administrative and procedural recommendations and exercise judgment on sensitive issues in alignment with corporate policy/regulation
- Learn quickly and share accurate information with Agrium leaders and employees upon inquiry
- Achieve mastery of SSC generalist knowledge and participate in training and job shadowing of SSC and HR colleagues
- Participate in continuous improvement activities, such as process documentation, identifying opportunities for improvement, and participating in problem solving across the SSC
- Understand HR implications of activities across both Agrium’s businesses as well as the states, provinces, and countries in which it operates
- Work in a team-based environment to meet objectives of SSC
- Safeguard employee privacy where appropriate, including confidentiality and protection of sensitive information
- Maintain a broad knowledge of company policies and benefit plans
In addition, as a member of the payroll and time keeping service line, employees are expected to:
- Audit payroll hours that load into the Canada and US payroll system
- Input and/or audit W-4, TD1, and tax changes, direct deposits, and general deductions
- Review payroll reports, for reasonableness
- Verify time cards against time sheets.
- Process manual checks by online check process.
- Request stop payments
- Record of employment processing for Canada employees
- Payroll pay data input
- Wage Withholding, Support and Garnishment processing
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Local tax reporting and filing
- Knowledge of FLSA and Canadian Labour Standards regulations
- Escheatment processing
- Reporting and Payment of Third Party Vendors
- Help with year-end reporting of W2’s and T4’s
Demonstrated self-motivation, analytical, problem solving skills and initiative to achieve desired outcomes
Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with strong results and goal orientation
Strong interpersonal and communication skills; comfortable working with both internal and external stakeholders in a multi-tasking, deadline oriented, team environment.
Solution-oriented with demonstrated ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with key stakeholders, peers and team members.
Strong willingness to continuously improve the performance of both one’s self and the SSC by continuing training, learning, recommending process improvements, etc.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Ability to troubleshoot and respond to client inquiries by phone and email
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office or equivalent word processing and computing programs
- Associates degree or equivalent experience
- Previous payroll experience
- SAP payroll experience
- Canadian and US payroll experience
Winning together; our culture coupled with great people, who deliver results with integrity, is what sets Agrium apart from other career opportunities. We’re dedicated to winning together and that is what consistently makes Agrium an award winning company. We are listed as one of the best places to work both in Canada and the U.S.
Agrium is committed to building an inclusive workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified women and men, including members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans.
We believe our diverse and inclusive workforce helps us communicate effectively and adds to our business success. Additionally, our Employee Resource Groups – the Women's Inclusion Network and the Young Professionals Network, create awareness and opportunity for constructive action and dialogue.
Those passionate about this challenging opportunity please apply in confidence directly at www.agrium.com/careers. While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only applicants under consideration will be contacted.