Crop Production Services Overview
Crop Production Services(CPS) is one of the largest farm and market retailers in the United States. With over 150 years in the business, we are the most effective and efficient supply chain in the United States for rapid development of seed, fertilizer and crop protection products. Our mission is to be a trusted and recognized leader in the agriculture industry, the first choice of every customer and producer and a growth company where employees can achieve success and develop their maximum potential.
Loveland Products Overview
Loveland Products (LPI) is a manufacturer and marketer of products and technologies for agricultural and professional non-crop industries. Its product line offers a complete line of high performance input products. The LPI portfolio of seed treatments, plant nutrition, biological, adjuvant and crop protection products are second to none. With net sales of nearly $1 billion, the company has a number of powerful and trusted brands. Loveland Products has operations in the US, Canada, Australia, South America with its products being sold in more than 50 countries worldwide. The organization is known to cultivate an innovative, entrepreneurial, demanding, and marketing-driven culture.
Job Title: Packager
Reports To: Production Manager
Responsible for meeting the scheduled production plan for liquid chemical packaging requirements, while maximizing safety, quality, and efficiency. Performs housekeeping and other tasks as defined on a daily basis. Follows guidance and direction from the Packaging Lead and management.
- Packages liquid chemicals into bottles, totes, and drums.
- Loads empty bottles, caps, labels, and boxes onto production line.
- Packages full bottles into cardboard boxes.
- Utilizes automated equipment and manual processes.
- Complies with plant policies and safety procedures.
- Washes out tanks and equipment between runs.
- Drives forklift.
- Performs housekeeping and other tasks as defined on a daily basis.
- Maintains a safe and clean work area free of debris and clutter.
- Makes sure all pathways are clear and free of obstructions.
- Makes sure spills are reported in a timely manner and are cleaned up per direction given.
- Makes sure floors are clean and equipment is clean and in good running condition.
- Ensures area is in 5S compliance.
- Always wears required personal protective equipment (PPE), including safety glasses, safety-toed shoes, and a respirator on an as-needed basis.
- Respirator wear and testing requires being clean shaven at seal.
- Personal protective equipment is provided to employees as needed.
- Monitors and ensures quality throughout the process.
- Communicates with Quality Lab when needed.
- Ensures DPR (Defective Product/Raw Materials) are completed and accurate.
- Limits waste and performs rework as needed.
- Assures accurate inventory of packaging, labels, finished goods, and chemicals.
- Ensures all containers and materials are labeled and in their proper locations.
- Takes samples to the QA Lab and ensures liquid chemicals meet LPI Standards prior to packaging.
- Ensures the quality and integrity of all LPI Products.
- Ensures correct bottles are free of spills and are filled to the correct weight and level.
- Ensures correct labels are applied properly prior to packaging: centered, aligned, and free of wrinkles.
- Ensures correct boxes are square, free of debris and contaminates, taped and labeled properly.
- Ensures the boxes have the proper quantity of bottles inside.
- Ensures the bottles are capped and sealed correctly.
- Ensures product is coded correctly and legible.
- Ensures there is no damage to the finished good.
- Understands and follows the production schedule and assists in updating the board when needed.
- Fills out all packaging paperwork and makes sure it's accurate and legible: Shop Order, Start-Up Check Sheet.
- Runs and monitor packaging equipment.
- Ensures proper use of machines and equipment to prevent accidents and damage to the equipment
- Sets up machines and conveyors.
- Ensures timely changeovers and conversions
- Performs minor troubleshooting and makes minor equipment repairs.
- Sets up for the next shop order:
- Hose hook-up and tank hook-up.
- Opens and closes correct valves.
- Changes and uses the correct filter.
- Ensures there are no leaks in the system.
- Adheres to work and break schedules.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency while ensuring safety and quality are not jeopardized.
- Understands and completes packaging PMs as assigned.
- Covers for the Packaging Lead when needed.
- Completes all required training in a timely basis.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
This summary of job responsibilities and duties is meant to be ageneral description of this position and is not all-inclusive.
- High school diploma, GED
- Good work habits, organizational, and people skills
- Able to perform basic math skills (addition, subtraction, and percentages)
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read, write, and understand the English language
- Attention to detail and ability to complete accurate paperwork
- Able to read and comprehend Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Has a positive, proactive attitude and the ability to have a positive influence on others.
- Treats others with respect.
- Physically and medically capable of wearing a respirator
- Ability to lift at least 50 # frequently during shift
- Able to climb stairs and ladders
- Ability to stoop and bend frequently
- Good manual dexterity, vision, & hearing
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Capable of working in varying temperatures