Agrium offers great opportunities for students, new grads and even veteran employees. What I really like about Agrium is the friendly people and family-oriented environment.
DATE POSTED: Oct 08,2016
LOCATION: Greenville, MS
CATEGORY : Maintenance
BUSINESS UNIT : Crop Production Services (Retail)
JOB ID: 2015-3447
FULL JOB TITLE: Maintenance Manager
Job Title: Maintenance Manager
Reports To: Plant Manager
The Maintenance Manager oversees the Maintenance function and employees, and schedules work hours, projects, and preventative maintenance. They also oversee and schedule the contractors working at the facility. They work with other managers and supervisors on production issues, and schedule the maintenance functions according to the production schedule. Ensures that maintenance functions are done safely, to produce a quality product.
• Manages, motivates, trains, evaluates, and reviews maintenance personnel.
• Oversees the hiring and use of contracted maintenance employees.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge of plant equipment and machinery.
• Responsible for maintaining parts and supply inventory.
• Recommend and purchase new equipment, tools, and repair parts, assisting in the capex process if necessary for the purchase.
• Oversee and utilize the EAM system to track projects, purchases, preventative maintenance and work orders.
• Work with corporate as well as local employees in utilizing and maintaining the EAM system
• Oversees outside contractors working on company property and equipment.
• Assist in purchase, design, and installation of equipment and work areas.
• Works with other managers and supervisors to coordinate maintenance with production.
• Schedules maintenance employees to work on projects, repairs, and preventative maintenance.
• Ensures that the shop is maintained as a safe, clean work area.
• Be knowledgeable of the chemicals we work with.
• Be constantly alert to any unsafe work areas, working conditions, or employees working unsafely.
• Work with all plant employees in seeking ways to eliminate waste and inefficiency through the plant.
• Maintain a team relationship within the site operations team.
• Perform such other duties as may be required from time to time.
• College Degree, engineering is desired but not required.
• At least ten years of maintenance experience, and 5 years as a manager.
• Must have leadership skills, and be able to work well with other employees.
• Good work habits and ability to manage time well.
• Must be able to certify welding and electrical skills.
• Ability to design and fabricate equipment and work areas.
• Must be physically and medically capable of wearing a respirator.
• Ability to climb stairs and ladders.
• Good Manual Dexterity.
• Ability to work in close quarters, high places and confined spaces.
• Capable of working in varying temperatures.