I feel that Agrium has invested time and money into making sure employees don't feel like they're just another number. We are constantly shown appreciation.
DATE POSTED: Jun 07,2017
LOCATION: Walnut Grove, CA
CATEGORY : Logistics
BUSINESS UNIT : Crop Production Services (Retail)
JOB ID: 2016-5001
FULL JOB TITLE: Class A Truck Driver-Walnut Grove, CA
Handles and delivers bulk and packaged fertilizer and chemicals, performs daily vehicle inspections, handles and delivers packaged chemicals, cleans and maintains equipment, assists mechanic, may maintain maintenance records, & other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or demonstrated experience in vocational agricultural or a combination of education and work experience
- Valid driver’s license & Current CDL required
- DOT-minimum age requirement is 21 years
- Must be able to work 60+hour weeks including weekends
- To load or assist in loading trailer with materials. To unload or assist in unloading trailer by using forklift or hand truck.
- To operate semi-truck with one or two trailers, according to state laws. To transport loads over required route to proper destinations, observing all traffic laws and safety regulations.
- Must be able to conduct a standard DOT truck inspection.
- Capable of filling out all company and DOT required paperwork.
- Must be able to fill out shipping bills of lading and necessary signatures and return completed paper work to shipping office. To maintain any related records required.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 80 pounds.
- To perform miscellaneous service duties such as checking, on a daily basis, oil, water, gasoline, and air in tires. To report any maintenance malfunctions to maintenance dept.
- This summary of job responsibilities and duties is meant to be a general description of this position and is not all-inclusive.
- Have a valid CDL (hazmat endorsement is a plus)
- Driving Record must be clean
- Must use tact and diplomacy in dealing with customer personnel at delivery points.
- Must be dependable, reliable, and competent to handle equipment safely.
- May, at times, sit in a cab for periods of time.
- Must be able to climb ladders to be able to look into tender boxes/tanks.
- Must meet Department of Transportation physical and medical requirements and pass substance abuse screening; as a safety sensitive employee subject to random and other required substance abuse screening as per company policy.
*EOE plus AA employer