If you live safety always and have a strong desire to build a better tomorrow then look to the company who helps feed the world.
Cultivating Excellence is Crop Production Service's culture of ownership and joint accountability. At its heart, Cultivating Excellence is about achieving superior results with integrity together while connecting and collaborating across the entire organization.
While we have great people, it is not just about that; it’s the ability to lead your own engagement. It’s the opportunity to grow and develop your career in ways you never envisioned while teaming up with people with a passion to make a difference in the world.
Who You Will Work With
You will work daily beside teams of people who care about your safety on the job and at home. Together, you will have a Commitment to Zero and follow our 3 Safety Principles: Do It safely or not at all, There is always time to do it safely, and Care for each other’s health, safety and security.
Your team will bring out the best in you by enabling you to achieve goals and reach your full potential. You will find innovative ways to deliver on our vision of feeding the world responsibly while working side by side in an inclusive culture.
Proprietary Products Manager - Eastern Region
(Northeast SK Division, East SK Division, Manitoba Division)
This position is responsible for driving sales of Loveland Crop Protection, Adjuvant, Plant Performance and Seed Treatment product lines to the CPS Divisions. The successful candidate will have the ability to properly position the LPI products with their given geography, while collaborating with CPS Regional and Divisional Management to help implement the Company’s direction.
This position requires that the success candidate live within the designated geography, with 60-80% travel within the territory required and varies as to the production cycle.
- Results Oriented with a proven track record of producing effective and efficient solutions when working in a fast paced environment.
- Maintains anOwnership Mindset by taking responsibility for maintaining accurate documents and files, with great attention to detail.
- Respects others, follows through on commitments and demonstratesIntegrity by building effective partnerships to achieve personal and organizational success.
- Demonstrates aCapacity for Changein anticipating and adapting to changing business conditions, diverse talent and global growth.
- Inspire Leadership by participating and actively demonstrating the importance of performing job related tasks in a safe manner and fostering a “Safety First” culture.
The Proprietary Product Manager (PPM) will be tasked to work closely with CPS personnel to ensure strategic/long term sales growth of the Loveland product line.
This position is responsible to:
Product Training for Crop Consultants/Salesmen:
Division Meetings, location training (including use of all online marketing tools), field training, and plot tours. Also this will be a key time to deliver the direction for products that align with division goals that you and the GM/MM set.
Grower Meetings: In coordination with CPS/UAP conduct grower meetings including on farm visits to train on the value of the technologies in Loveland Products. Capture appropriate feedback from branch personnel in order to provide the required information for the sales team to follow up with their growers within 3-5 days after the meeting. Prompt follow up communication is key to our success.
Business Analysis: Run reports, analyze business and send updates to division management along with your comments. Follow up with the division managers at least 2X per month during slow periods and weekly during the heavy runs. This is paramount in identifying shortfalls in our plan. Evaluate the supply chain infrastructure for Loveland Products including, but not limited to bulk tanks, dry blending and liquid blending capabilities. Provide feedback for opportunities for growth in this area.
Send Product Opportunity Updates: Excellent opportunity for you to interact with the Division MASs and update people within the Divisions on what key Loveland Products to focus on in the upcoming weeks. These must be sent frequently throughout the season. Consider using the Weekly MAS Report as a vehicle for communication.
Get People Involved:Line up side by sides and or plots with growers or crop consultants as per direction you set with division management to demonstrate product value and build the confidence required to meet expectations. Get involved with Division/Location MASs, Agronomist, Sales, RAMS and Technical Support.
- 3-5 years of experience in sales or marketing in an agriculture related area.
- BSc degree in Agriculture related field.
- Strong sales ability with a proven track record of success.
- Strong interpersonal skills, outstanding communication capabilities, and the ability to influence others at all organization levels.
- Ability to work effectively with other groups in the organization to achieve a common goal.
- Well rounded knowledge of agricultural products and practices.
- Proficient in the use of computers, including but not limited to Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s license and submission of a clean driver’s abstract.
- Ability to meet the CPS policy requirements by completing a Criminal Background Check.
CPS offers a competitive salary and benefits plan.
Why Crop Production Services?
Winning together; our culture coupled with great people, who deliver results with integrity, is what sets Crop Production Services apart from other career opportunities. We’re dedicated to winning together and that is what consistently makes Crop Production Services an award winning company. We are listed as one of the best places to work both in Canada and the U.S.
Crop Production Services, an Agrium company, is committed to building an inclusive workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified women and men, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities and veterans.
We believe our diverse and inclusive workforce helps us communicate effectively and adds to our business success. This is just one of the reasons Agrium has been honored as one ofCanada's Best Diversity Employers for the past eight years. Additionally, our Employee Resource Groups – the Women's Inclusion Network and the Young Professionals Network, create awareness and opportunity for constructive action and dialogue.
Those passionate about this challenging opportunity please apply in confidence directly at www.cpsagu.com/careers. While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only applicants under consideration will be contacted.