Manager, Global Cash Management
If you live safety always and everywhere and have a strong desire to build a better tomorrow then look to the company who helps feed the world.
Cultivating Excellence is Agrium’s culture of ownership and joint accountability. At its heart, Cultivating Excellence is aboutachieving superior results with integrity together, connecting and collaborating across the entire organization.
While we have great people, it is not just about that; it’s the ability to own your own engagement, the opportunity to be innovative. It’s the opportunity to grow and develop your career in ways you never imagined while teaming up with people with a passion to make a difference in the world.
Who You Will Work With
You will work daily beside teams of people who will care about your safety on the job and at home. Together, you will have a Commitment to Zero and follow our 3 Safety Principles: Do It safely or not at all, There is always time to do it safely, and Care for each other’s health, safety and security.
Your team will bring out the best in you by enabling you to achieve goals and reach your full potential. You will own your own work and find innovative ways to deliver on our vision of feeding the world responsibly while working along beside 15,000 people around the globe who care about you.
Reporting to the Director, Global Cash Management, the Manager, Global Cash Management will have primary, tactical responsibility for Agrium’s Corporate Treasury operations. This role will lead a team of individuals focused on critical global cash management activities including short term liquidity management, cash flow forecasting, short term funding & investing, transaction execution and global bank account management. In addition to managing all operational cash management activities, this role will also take an active lead in the identification and implementation of cash management process efficiencies that may facilitate the activities of our business partners in AP, AR, payroll and/or Tax.
The Manager, Global Cash Management will work closely with the Director, Global Cash Management on implementing new strategies and solutions, such as liquidity management techniques, financial solutions in support of our Retail operations, working capital solutions and effective global banking structures.
- Oversee compliance with internal policies and procedures specific to global cash management and liquidity management, specifically activities related to the execution of cash movements, short term debt transactions and investment activities;
- Ownership of the Treasury forecast, collaborating with the SBU’s to ensure accuracy of data, to ensure accurate cash flow forecasting and effective liquidity management;
- Demonstrated leadership of the North American short and long-term forecast process to ensure highest quality information is available for liquidity decisions and for senior leader decision making; this includes review of trending, variance to plan and strong collaboration within the Finance organization;
- Demonstrate collaboration within the Treasury team through regular communication on cross-functional activities and process;
- Execution of daily cash, investment and short term funding activities, providing appropriate approvals for execution of forecasted activities;
- Collaborating with Director, Global Cash Management, provide direction to cash management team for offshore finance company transactions;
- Oversight for regional bank account activities including opening and closing of accounts in unusual jurisdictions; integration into cash management processes, systems and audit reporting;
- Develop, recommend and implement solutions for improvement of operational activities and processes including effective collaboration with business partners in the BU’s, APSSC, HRSSC and Payroll as needed;
- Oversee global bank account management activities, ensuring compliance with global policies and procedures required under Sarbanes Oxley, internal and external audit and other regulatory requirements ;
- Liaise with cash management banks and service providers on new solutions, amendments to services, and banking fees;
- Manage M & A integration activities, by bringing new business activities into existing cash management structures or implementation of new services.
Reporting & Governance
- Manage review of the weekly Treasury Dashboard and monthly Treasury Factbook, providing guidance on analytics and data consolidation and ensuring accuracy of reporting
- Ownership of key management reports (monthly & quarterly) such as Sources/Uses of Cash, Global Liquidity & CP Dashboard, with a continuous improvement mindset;
- Lead innovation, as required, of processes and models that forecast cash and short-term debt globally, to ensure effective reporting to senior leadership;
- Drive effective reporting on key global cash management activities and metrics by engaging global cash management team; be innovative with respect to process improvements in data collection and analysis to raise the quality of reporting to management;
- Demonstrate a continuous improvement outlook toward cash management reporting, including FBAR (tax reporting) and monthly/quarterly reporting such as the Treasury Dashboard and Factbook;
- Interpret, apply and provide team leadership for policies, procedures, and internal controls relating to global cash management , working closely with SOX and internal and external audit on annual review and amendments;
- Responsible for disaster recovery/business continuity planning procedures and testing for highly critical operations;
- Embrace Treasury technology and optimize functionality for the purposes of efficient transaction execution and management reporting.
Global Cash Management Vision
- Provide team leadership for projects and oversee implementation of new cash management solutions including new banking products, structures, and systems, including those services specific to the business units;
- Develop awareness of external and internal best practices and proactively identify process improvements;
- Embrace effectiveness of Treasury technology, and manage implementation of new functionality and/or systems as they become available;
- Drive best in class global cash management processes and participate in peer group networking opportunities,
- Leadership of 2-3 individuals in the Global Cash Management group.
- Steward the development of KPI’s and Performance Measures for global cash management, and monitor progress toward achievement.
- Develop collaborative working relationships within Treasury and with internal and external partners including Accounting, Tax, IT, Legal, AP, AR, Payroll and those individuals located in the business units globally;
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, our ideal candidate must be committed to achieving superior results with integrity and sustaining our safe and positive work environment while having the ability to embrace working side by side others in a diverse culture.
- Demonstrated passion for Global Cash Management, innovation and operational excellence;
- Strong conceptual thinking will be needed to implement process improvements and develop innovative cash management solutions;
- Demonstrated ability to manage, lead and motivate people.
- Ability to meet challenges head-on with enthusiasm, flexibility and positivity
- Continuous improvement, “can-do” attitude
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing environment
- Well organized, able to manage multiple, complex tasks simultaneously
- High energy and effective communication skills
- Proven ability to develop relationships and partnerships both internally and externally
- Desire to work in a team environment
- Undergraduate degree in Commerce, Finance, Economics or Accounting
- Post-graduate degree is an asset
- Professional designation is desirable (CFA, CA/CMA/CGA) or pursuit of same
- Minimum of 8+ years of broad finance experience, banking experience is an asset
- Demonstration of strong direct leadership skills and experience leading a team of finance professionals and the ability to influence keystakeholders
- Ability to lead, motivate, coach and mentor direct reports as required for optimal performance
- Proven team and people management/mentorship skills within a defined group as well as external relationships.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Treasury System and/or SAP knowledge is an asset
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with expert fluency in Microsoft tools (MS, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong communication/presentation skills, effectively communicating complex technical issues.
Winning together; Our Cultivating Excellence culture coupled with great people and delivering superior results with integrity is what sets Agrium apart from other career opportunities. We’re dedicated to winning together and that is what consistently makes Agrium an award winning company, listed as one of the best places to work both in Canada and the U.S.
Agrium’s organizational culture promotes sustainability and innovation, with a vision to help ‘feed the world’ in ways that protect the environment, support economic vitality, and enhance communities.
Agrium is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified women and men, including members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons, and veterans.
Those interested in this challenging opportunity please apply in confidence directly atwww.agrium.com/careers. While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.