Division Administrative Coordinator
Northern Alberta Division
Fort Saskatchewan, AB
If you live safety always and have a strong desire to build a better tomorrow then look to the company who helps feed the world.
Cultivating Excellence is Crop Production Service's culture of ownership and joint accountability. At its heart, Cultivating Excellence is about achieving s
uperior results with integrity together while connecting and collaborating across the entire organization.
While we have great people, it is not just about that; it’s the ability to lead your own engagement. It’s the opportunity to grow and develop your career in ways you never envisioned while teaming up with people with a passion to make a difference in the world.
Who You Will Work With
You will work daily beside teams of people who care about your safety on the job and at home. Together, you will have a Commitment to Zero and follow our 3 Safety Principles: Do It safely or not at all, There is always time to do it safely, and Care for each other’s health, safety and security.
Your team will bring out the best in you by enabling you to achieve goals and reach your full potential. You will find innovative ways to deliver on our vision of feeding the world responsibly while working side by side in an inclusive culture.
This candidate will provide administrative support to Divisional Management in the Northern Alberta Division.
- Prepares, edits and formats various confidential documents including briefing materials, strategic planning reports, budgets, agreements and presentations.
- Manages, develops and implements administrative processes related to customer account management, accounts payable and general administrative duties, including but not limited to AFE and property files
- Assist the Management Team with Divisional budget administration and preparation.
- Assist the Management Team with the Divisional administration of company policies and procedures, including Human Resource policies.
- Coordinate process administration of all new hire/re-hire paperwork and partner with Human Resources in all human resource management for the Region.
- Responsible for training of Customer Service Reps within the assigned Division.
- Supervise office activities to achieve optimum utilization of equipment and employees.
- Ensures timely and accurate dispatching and scheduling of truck shipments. Books all shipments to move within contract periods as defined by the sales contract terms.
- Participates in forward booking of truck freight as required as required in order to secure cost effective transportation of commodities.
- Monitors freight risk based on mutually agreed upon cost with Regional Marketing Manage and General Manager.
- Analyzes fright variance reports in order to maximize truck freight arbitrage and costs.
- Works with Regional Marketing Manager and General Manager in managing shippable stock inventories and initiating transportation plans that allow for maximum utilization and efficiency.
- Directs loads to the most profitable destination based on freight information provided on sales contract.
- Communicated and investigates discrepancies in freight invoices. Ensures unload information is received in a timely manner from carriers including tracking the unloads daily.
- Develops and maintains a variety of logistics activity tools and reports mechanisms. Identifies trends and anomalies and makes corrective action to logistics plans as required.
- Communicates with all parties including end use customers, employees and producers to ensure all customers' expectations are met or exceeded.
- Assists others by negotiating smaller freight contracts and rates with trucking companies for truck movement.
- Interacts closely with Regional Marketing Manager and General Manager to ensure appropriate transportation plans are in place to meet current sales.
- Communicates and maintains relations with customers, brokers, and other appropriate parties on critical shipping information.
- Audits invoices to verify the accuracy of rates and charge outs.
- Prepares information for month and year-end reporting as required.
- Prepares and submits claims for damages and shortages of shipments.
- Develops, implements and manages the commodity business plan, including volume handled, sales volume to market, transportation and position management objectives, ensuring that plans align with Division strategies.
- Maintains ongoing and regular communications with customers to build relationships and ensure satisfaction, adherence to contract terms and the growth and maintenance of strong business relationships.
- Assists with developing and implements procurement strategies, including the establishment of street and deferred delivery contract prices, which yield planned volume and revenue targets.
- Manages transportation capacity and contract administration to ensure that contract terms are adhered to.
- Negotiate competitive truck, rail, vessel and intermodal freight rates and the co-ordination of commodity sourcing and transportation logistics in order to effectively meet contract terms.
- Assists in development and implementing commodity budgets.
- Develops key communication links to ensure optimal use of company facilities, an understanding and awareness of market requirements, building relationships and facilitating the effectiveness of integrated systems.
- Tracks progress towards the achievement of business plans and objectives, and initiates action as required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Minimum four (4) years of demonstrated experience in vocational agricultural or in a combination in supervisory, education and work experience.
- Agricultural based degree desired.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage people.
- Accounting experience preferred; may be required.
- Valid driver’s license required; CDL may be required.
- Travel required.
- Ability to meet the CPS policy requirements by completing a Criminal Background Check, Drug & Alcohol Testing, and Driving Record Abstract.
Why Crop Production Services?
Winning together; our culture coupled with great people, who deliver results with integrity, is what sets Crop Production Services apart from other career opportunities. We’re dedicated to winning together and that is what consistently makes Crop Production Services an award winning company. We are listed as one of the best places to work both in Canada and the U.S.
Crop Production Services, an Agrium company, is committed to building an inclusive workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified women and men, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities and veterans.
We believe our diverse and inclusive workforce helps us communicate effectively and adds to our business success. This is just one of the reasons Agrium has been honored as one ofCanada's Best Diversity Employers for the past eight years. Additionally, our Employee Resource Groups – the Women's Inclusion Network and the Young Professionals Network, create awareness and opportunity for constructive action and dialogue.
Those passionate about this challenging opportunity please apply in confidence directly at www.cpsagu.com/careers. While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only applicants under consideration will be contacted.