If you live safety always and everywhere and have a strong desire to build a better tomorrow then look to the company who helps feed the world.
Cultivating Excellence is Crop Production Services culture of ownership and joint accountability. At its heart, Cultivating Excellence is aboutachieving superior results with integrity together, connecting and collaborating across the entire organization.
While we have great people, it is not just about that; it’s the ability to own your own engagement, the opportunity to be innovative. It’s the opportunity to grow and develop your career in ways you never imagined while teaming up with people with a passion to make a difference in the world.
Who You Will Work With
You will work daily beside teams of people who will care about your safety on the job and at home. Together, you will have a Commitment to Zero and follow our 3 Safety Principles: Do It safely or not at all, There is always time to do it safely, and Care for each other’s health, safety and security.
Your team will bring out the best in you by enabling you to achieve goals and reach your full potential. You will own your own work and find innovative ways to deliver on our vision of feeding the world responsibly while working along beside 15,000 people around the globe who care about you.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, this position is accountable for obtaining business results through developing, maintaining and expanding the customer base within the geographic area as well as operational support in relation to the marketing of agri-products. The purpose of this role is to assist the Branch Manager in all aspects of the branch sales, operations, supervision and management of staff, and safety components of the business.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages a client base within the parameters of the divisional strategy to ensure financial and operating targets are met and/or exceeded yet maintains balance with customer needs and customer service objectives.
- Establishes, maintains and conducts ongoing analysis of customer profiles in order to identify and act upon trends, market requirements and potential business opportunities.
- Demonstrates high degree of knowledge in order to provide accurate and timely information/advice to current and potential customers.
- Demonstrates talent for bargaining and negotiating while ensuring all procurement and sales practices are congruent with corporate policy, image and direction and respect confidentiality of both company and producer’s business.
- Analyzes current and future agricultural trends and service needs and develops and implemented strategies and actions to create opportunities including asset ROI and utilization reports.
- Develops and maintains effective business relationships with current and potential future customers based on an approach of targeting customers with whom the company can profitability do business.
- Supervises the checking of merchandise received for quality and quantity and makes the necessary notations on the weigh bills.
- Organizes and supervises work activities of staff in receiving, storing, assembling, distributing and selling farm supplies.
- Responsible for the daily management and supervision of branch staff which includes the scheduling of hours of work
- Assists the Branch Manager in the implementing all aspects of human resource management, including performance management (which involves discipline and work assessments), coaching, and making recommendations for hiring and discharging.
- Responsible for managing within the terms and conditions of the collective agreement (where applicable).
- Maintains procedures for the efficient and safe warehousing of all merchandise received with regard to space, accessibility and positioning stock to prevent losses.
- Keeps informed of competitor activities within the market area and recommends marketing program and service revisions.
- Keeps the manager informed of levels of existing stock and prepares orders for additional supplies within guidelines as required effectively managing inventory and assets.
- Reviews customer accounts to ensure payments are within approved credit policy and performs collection functions as required.
- Supervises and participates in housekeeping programs, which promote safe working conditions and provide neat, clean appearance.
- Complies and enforces all CPS and Industry regulatory and EH&S standards at all times.
- Provides customers service to internal & external customers
- Assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of a positive image program.
- Coordinates that branch staff tasks under the direction of the branch manager
- Performs the responsibilities of other branch positions during staff absences in order to optimize the efficiency of regional operations. This may require cross training in various positions.
- Participates in trade shows, including developing promotional themes, booth layout, set up and show attendance.
- Performs other related duties as required
The Ideal Candidate
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, our ideal candidate must be committed to achieving superior results with integrity and sustaining our safe and positive work environment while having the ability to embrace working side by side others in a diverse culture.
- Demonstrated ability to assess risk and exercise sound judgment in decision making
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop people
- Demonstrated ability to manager within the terms of the human resources policies (and within the collective agreement where applicable)
- Must possess a minimum Class 5 driver’s license (1 or 3 preferred)
- Good persuasive and motivational skills
- Solid understanding of fertilizer and agricultural chemical usage
- Required knowledge/understanding of branch operation and equipment
- Computer skills in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Understanding of the agricultural demands and practices of the division
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Ability to meet the CPS policy requirement by completing a Criminal background check, Drug/alcohol testing, and Driving Record Abstract
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in agri-business and/or other related customer service function, a minimum of two (2) years of which involved agri-product sales and service and a valid class 5 driver’s license.
- Successful completion of a Certificate in Agriculture Program, Agri-Business Certificate or equivalent post-secondary education preferred.
Why Crop Production Services?
Winning together; Our Cultivating Excellence culture coupled with great people and delivering superior results with integrity is what sets Agrium apart from other career opportunities. We’re dedicated to winning together and that is what consistently makes Agrium an award winning company, listed as one of the best places to work both in Canada and the U.S.
Crop Production Services (an Agrium company) is an organizational culture that promotes sustainability and innovation, with a vision to help ‘feed the world’ in ways that protect the environment, support economic vitality, and enhance communities.
Crop Production Services is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified women and men, including members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans.
Those interested in this challenging opportunity please apply in confidence directly atwww.cpsagu.com/careers. While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.