Crop Production Services Canada, is a division of Agrium (www.Agrium.com), and one of the largest farm market retailers in North America. With over 150 years in business, we are the most effective and efficient supply chain for rapid development of seed, fertilizer and crop protection products. Our mission is to be the trusted and recognized leader in the retail agricultural industry, the first choice for every customer and producer and a growth company where employees can achieve success and develop to their maximum potential. Make the move to join our more than 8,000 employees across the US and Canada and begin growing your career now
Agronomist - Avonlea, SK
- Develop and support both external and internal customer base to support the Branch in Applied Agronomic Services.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recommend appropriate crop production products and fertilizer products to customers.
- Identifies, procures and manages grower demonstration plots for varietal comparison purposes.
- Gathers, compiles, analyzes and interprets test results and prepares and forwards progress reports.
- Designs and inspects program experiments, records, notes and seasonal staff logbooks. Ensures that application of seeding, fertility and pesticide occurs when weather conditions are optimal.
- Actively searches for new opportunities that will enhance or expand the Company’s market presence.
- Plans and conducts the field testing of designated research material using defined methods that will ensure accuracy and optimize results under experimental protocol.
- Interacts with Division and Branch Management to convey results and provide recommendations based on active knowledge of marketing requirements.
- Distributes variety information and recommendations to staff and customers. Attends and participates in customer information meetings as directed. Presents technical information related to seed varieties and other marketing programs.
- Liaises with appropriate industry contacts.
- Assist in the promotion and recommendation of Proven Seed varieties and Loveland Products and Echelon services to farm customers through product knowledge and local field trials.
- Identify local weed species, and be familiar with the biology and control of local pests.
- Interpret soil and tissue tests and required, and be able to recommend best practices for soil fertility management for local customers.
- Understand proper method for soil or tissue testing for customers as required.
- Complies with CPS and Industry regulatory and EH& S standards.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of applied agronomy and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of Diploma in Agriculture at a recognized college or university
- Demonstrated knowledge of modern farm practices and industry regulations. Demonstrated ability to develop good working relationships. Demonstrated ability to meet and deal with the public effectively. An aptitude to analyze markets. Demonstrated oral and written communication skills as well as time management skills. Proven ability to work independently. Demonstrated physical ability to perform the functions of the job
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills with a positive attitude and ability to establish relationship with branch personnel, peers and customers
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills to small and large groups
- Much be dependable, reliable, and safety conscious
- Applicant should have experience with crops, pesticides, and fertilizers in the current market
- Effective time management, planning and multi-tasking skills
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner
- Must possess a valid class 5 driver’s license
- Ability to meet the CPS policy requirement by completing a Criminal background check, Drug/alcohol testing, and Driving Record Abstract